What’s happening now?
- The first stage of construction, to build the new bridge seat and trestle, is underway. The contractor is currently installing in-water piles and preparing the upland area of the site for construction. The next phase of construction, to install deep stormwater utility lines, will begin in early 2018.
- During construction, the waterfront path will remain open to pedestrians, but may be rerouted based on construction activities. Please obey all posted signs around the construction site.
- Work hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. No work will occur on Sundays or holidays except by City of Mukilteo exemption.
- Subscribe to the email listserv for to learn more about the project.
- View the latest fact sheet (pdf 622 kb) and construction alert (pdf 263 kb) on the project.